InTouch Capital Markets are currently accepting applicants for the following position:
Junior Fixed Income Analyst (Wimbledon, London office)
InTouch Capital Markets is looking to add to its team of Fixed Income market analysts and commentators. The new position is a junior role to learn from and support the senior members of the team and, moving forwards, to develop into a senior, client facing team member. The successful applicant will join the team in our Wimbledon office in South-West London, UK.
InTouch Capital Markets is a small (20 employees) but growing company focused on providing market information to market professionals including bank traders, bank sales, brokers, portfolio managers and prop traders. Our Fixed Income team specialises in commenting on the drivers of major bond, swaps and interest rates markets. We deliver concise, time sensitive coverage to our clients in real time looking at what’s about to happen and adding colour on what has already happened.
Our junior analyst will work directly with our senior staff, undergo rapid on-the-job training and have an opportunity to learn from experts with decades of combined experience in the financial markets. The role can be fast moving and intense, especially when markets are busy. Day-to-day work will primarily be based around reactive, fast-paced market analysis where seconds matter, but will also include elements of more thoughtful in-depth research. Our junior analyst will be involved with:
- Gathering information via discussions with market contacts, traditional news-flow, social media and data analysis
- Writing commentary and analysis on the markets for our clients
- Supporting our senior team by creating regular and ad-hoc research pieces
- Marketing our information and brand via social media outlets
A successful candidate will have:
- Deep interest in financial markets with a great desire to learn and apply new knowledge and skills
- Particular focus on short-term, intraday market drivers; our primary focus is on minute-to-minute market moves and putting them in context within longer-term themes
- 1-2yrs+ or summer internship experience working financial markets, and particularly fixed income markets, would be helpful but is not strictly required. Relevant experience includes trading, broking, analysts and financial market reporting/journalism
- Experience using Bloomberg, Reuters and other financial market software is helpful but not essential
- A university degree, preferably in finance or economics related topics, to a 2:1 standard or better
- Great communication skills: We talk to clients and contacts all day and our product involves concise, clear delivery of information
- Excellent teamwork skills: we work in small, efficient teams to produce our product
- Ability to work under time pressure: when markets are moving, we need to be able to react quickly to keep our clients informed
- Strong analytical skills: our analysts are constantly digesting and analysing new information
- Spoken and written English to native speaker standard
- Good typing skills to quickly and efficiently write market commentary (touch typing not required but would be helpful)
- Strong IT skills (proficiency in Excel, Outlook, Word are all helpful)
As a small company working in the financial services industry, our success and failure depends on our ability to hire and retain employees with a desire to excel. If you believe you have the right characteristics to be part of such a team, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject “Junior Fixed Income Analyst”.